Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new fork to put on my Intense Tracer.

My rear shock is FOX ava air.

What would you recommend between a Talas and a Minute.

Whats better for climing...uphill...durability...ease of use???/

Thanks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
2005 Talas - wins in every category. It's all I can do not to give up my Minute One in favor of a Talas.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
KamikazeBikr said:
every category except PRICE!!!
Sorry, but that wasn't one of your categories. Or perhaps it falls under "ease of use"?

·
Registered Dietitian
1,759 Posts
I've a different opinion...

SDizzle said:
2005 Talas - wins in every category. It's all I can do not to give up my Minute One in favor of a Talas.
...I sold my 2004 TALAS for a Minute 2 and couldn't be happier. Lighter, smoother, and far superior compression damping. I notice no difference in stiffness, and I'm not scared to ride hard.

I do want to sub in the new 2005 SPV Evolve damper, however, just to see if it's as big an improvement as I've heard.

I haven't tried a 2005 TALAS yet, or any 2005 Fox for that matter.

Tommy

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Easy

KamikazeBikr said:
I'm looking for a new fork to put on my Intense Tracer.

My rear shock is FOX ava air.

What would you recommend between a Talas and a Minute.

Whats better for climing...uphill...durability...ease of use???/

Thanks
A talas R and get the AVA pushed. This my tracer set up andi really like it alot.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Interesting hearing you say that, I got respect for your knowledge in the fork side of things

Anyways...I have both forks (2004 Talas RLC, 2004 Manitou Minute One). I love the Talas, but even with the enduro seals it does seep some oil out of the seals. Other plus side to the TALAS is adjustablity with the air pressure....sometimes I feel like a firmer ride, though I guess some of the Minutes do you use air. TALAS feels maybe a touch stiffer, and doesn't have all the plastic internals like the Minute does.

If you can afford it go with the TALAS.

·
Registered
509 Posts
New for this season I put a Talas R up front & a PUSHed Float in the back. This is my 5th season on the Tracer and it's never performed better. I don't have any experience w/ the Minute so I'm not sure how it stacks up against the Talas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts