Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys ever have a hard time getting your Talas forks to extend after dialing them down?

If I go from 90mm to 130mm of travel, I cannot get the fork to extend on its own without either straddling the bike and bouncing the front wheel about 10 times or pushing the fork's arch down while holding the front wheel off the ground (not exactly on-the-fly).

I just noticed the problem, but I'm wondering if it's been like that for long time. The manual states "you may have to pop a wheelie a few times to sufficiently unweight the fork." But, that doesn't seem to work for me. I tried to inflate to 100 psi, and at that pressure the fork extends no problem, but obviously it won't ride very well. :confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
dulyebr said:
Do you guys ever have a hard time getting your Talas forks to extend after dialing them down?

If I go from 90mm to 130mm of travel, I cannot get the fork to extend on its own without either straddling the bike and bouncing the front wheel about 10 times or pushing the fork's arch down while holding the front wheel off the ground (not exactly on-the-fly).

I just noticed the problem, but I'm wondering if it's been like that for long time. The manual states "you may have to pop a wheelie a few times to sufficiently unweight the fork." But, that doesn't seem to work for me. I tried to inflate to 100 psi, and at that pressure the fork extends no problem, but obviously it won't ride very well. :confused:
give a call to fox and tell them your problem. I have never read a review thats talks about this problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.