Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got in some QR15 forks in anticipation of a lot of popularity. I personally think it is a perfect fit for a lot of bikes out there. Not as much weight at a QR20, and designed for steering precision more than for big hucking.

But where are the hubs? There are lots of promises of hubs coming out soon. I am a little skeptical. But one QR15 hub that is for real right now is the Hope II Pro. You have to buy the QR15 insert in addition to a complete hub, but it can be done. The Hope II Pro is good AM stuff, just a little beefier than cross country, bullet proof, and good looking. I stocked up on the Hope Pro II QR15 inserts, then built up a set on Stans Olympic rims and mounted it up, it is good to go!

·
DIRT DART
209 Posts
I have an 07 float rlc........does any one know if Fox has or will make a conversion from the standard qr to the 15qr? like will the new lowers work with the 07's? any one know?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hope's pro2 hubs are a class act ,so easy to change from 20mm/std QR/15mmQR and easy to work on yourself
Problem is I was dead set on getting a pair of Fox Float 15QR until i saw 15QR only comes on the RLC sets .I only was after the R models .therefore the knock on is the Price
15QR vans =£499
float =£589
& Talas=£659
Might just see how much the new revelation 20mill bolt through are when they come out??

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
Where are these Hope 15mm adapters available? Where did you get yours Dirt Dad?

·
Registered
12 Posts
fork conversions

As long as you get the proper sliders, the 32mm forks will work with the new, respective lowers of the fork models. I've got '09 lowers on the way for my '04 Vanilla. It will run you about $240 from Fox for the sliders, though. Yes, I know a new fork isn't that much more. I just want to balance the travel on my Slayer.

·
DIRT DART
209 Posts
since my last post (4 months ago) i have done the conversion to the 15mm thru axle. and let me tell you it is a night and day differance, before going through really sandy sections with the standard qr the front wheel would wallow or deflect and you could actualy watch the wheel twist in the fork resulting in poor handling, now with the 15mm going through the same sections the front wheel stays planted and straight no twisting in the fork and the control is so much more precise going through that sandy stuff it's amazing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
DirtDad said:
Not as much weight at a QR20, and designed for steering precision more than for big hucking.

But where are the hubs? There are lots of promises of hubs coming out soon. I am a little skeptical. But one QR15 hub that is for real right now is the Hope II Pro. You have to buy the QR15 insert in addition to a complete hub, but it can be done. The Hope II Pro is good AM stuff, just a little beefier than cross country, bullet proof, and good looking. I stocked up on the Hope Pro II QR15 inserts, then built up a set on Stans Olympic rims and mounted it up, it is good to go!
so wait, let me sure I have this right. you don't need "big hucking hubs" you just need "lighter weight precise hubs" so you go buy the heavier 20mm hucking hubs, then add additional weight with an adapter. At least its stiffer then right? no?

so yah, pretty sure the whole "15mm" thing is retarded. Maxle lite anybody? why not just make 20mm hubs lighter for xc use and not create a new standard

but I could be crazy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.