Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Santa Cruz Bronson which I got last October. Due to the really bad riding conditions late and early this year I decided to have it serviced recently. I did list down my settings so when I got the fork and shock back I immediately set them to what it was pre-service. But strangely, the rebound on both ends felt slow as compared to before. My shock was set to 9 clicks before but now to get it to how it felt before I only had to run 5 clicks. As for my fork, it was previously set at 8 clicks and how I am only running 5 clicks. The only reason I could think of is that the service center used a higher weight oil to what was originally in there. The technician told me he used the same weight which is 7.5 for the fork and 10 for the shock.

First, I was trying to find what weight oil the '14 Talas 34 and Float CTD used but had no luck finding any info. Any ideas? Second, is there a down side to running a higher viscosity oil? Third, is it possible that Santa Cruz is using a different weight oil than found forks and shocks bought separately?

TIA

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Rebound is directly affected by spring pressure. Is your pressure set higher?

If they didn't replace with exactly the same stuff, you might require a few different clicks. As long as you are getting it where you need it, I wouldn't worry.

Go ahead and ask them what fluid they used though for your own edification.

mk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts