Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Paper or plastic?
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read somewhere that the next iteration of the Talas will have only 3 preset travel positions (say 90, 110, 130) instead of multiple positions in 3mm increments. Any truth to this? I kind of like the idea, since turning that wheel can be a pain while riding.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
zorg said:
Read somewhere that the next iteration of the Talas will have only 3 preset travel positions (say 90, 110, 130) instead of multiple positions in 3mm increments. Any truth to this? I kind of like the idea, since turning that wheel can be a pain while riding.
No idea about the validity of the rumor, but I can believe it. I've heard many people grip about having to twist 3 1/2 times to go full travel to min travel.

Me personally I like having the option to dial it in 3mm at a time, part of the reason why I went TALAS over Vanilla. I don't mind turning the knob to get the exact travel I want. I run 90 up the climbs and 121 down the hills. Really not hard or time consuming to go all the way to max travel and then count three clicks back.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Feel lucky you don't own a Reba Uturn. From 85-115mm is 51 clicks! More than 1 click per mm. This is the 1 thing i really dislike about the Reba.
I too like the 3mm/click on my Talas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.