Fox Shox 32 Float RLC

or

Fox Shox 32 Vanilla RLC

Brief information:

Riding style - Courier
Bike Size - Large
Frame: 07 Santa Cruz Chameleon
Body Weight - 75 kg

I like to ride hard and i need something that will withstand the abuse that i give to it on a regular basis.

Thanks
Luke :cool:

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Vanilla 32 RLC is 1/2 pound heavier, is linear in spring rate vs. very rising rate Float 32 air, and has less stiction and much less preload.

It's rare to enter the deepest inch of air fork travel on the Float forks while coil can be tuned to utilize full travel to bottom occasionally without excessive sag.

Coil is a smoother ride without blowing through travel as easily.

Beware, once you go coil you'll never really like air springs again.

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
derby said:
Vanilla 32 RLC is 1/2 pound heavier, is linear in spring rate vs. very rising rate Float 32 air, and has less stiction and much less preload.

It's rare to enter the deepest inch of air fork travel on the Float forks while coil can be tuned to utilize full travel to bottom occasionally without excessive sag.

Well said. I agree completely. Plus, a coil will always be there no matter what you do. Reliability. Even if something disastrous happens and you lose damping, you still have a spring.

·
DeForest Stump
972 Posts
derby said:

I agree also except for the part about less stiction. I have an 06 float and it has not even a little stiction. Perhaps your results may vary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.