Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find out if a DHX will fit on a Big Hit?
I heard from somewhere they don't fit yet just saw a picture of one mounted?
Thanks
I know I need to call Fox but I can't call right now just seeing if anyone knew
Thanks

·
Loves His Sunday
670 Posts
I've also seen Big Hits with DHX's and I'm pretty sure it can be done. On the specialized sight there is a help section in which you can ask questions and a specialized rep will answer you. There are many questions reguarding different parts fitting The Big Hit and I'm sure they could help you with your question. I'm sure you already did it but there are also multiple pictures of Big Hits on pinkbike with DHX's.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
mxrider489 said:
I've also seen Big Hits with DHX's and I'm pretty sure it can be done. On the specialized sight there is a help section in which you can ask questions and a specialized rep will answer you. There are many questions reguarding different parts fitting The Big Hit and I'm sure they could help you with your question. I'm sure you already did it but there are also multiple pictures of Big Hits on pinkbike with DHX's.
that can take awhile asking something. You can always call them and your LBS. They should fit on your bike no problem.(i think)

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
weird terry said:
The DHX fits on my '01.
Not doubting you, but have you taken the spring off and compressed the suspension to be sure that the blue adjuster knob doesn't contact the frame on full compression? I beleive this is the problem that the others were talking about, I've seen it happen. Do you think it would be too much to ask for pics of this being done, pleez? :D

·
Full grown man
93 Posts
red5 said:
Not doubting you, but have you taken the spring off and compressed the suspension to be sure that the blue adjuster knob doesn't contact the frame on full compression? I beleive this is the problem that the others were talking about, I've seen it happen. Do you think it would be too much to ask for pics of this being done, pleez? :D
Yes, I checked it with the spring off. If the bumper is fully compressed and the shock is completely bottomed out, the cap to the air fitting might hit the frame. I'm not worried about it.
Next time I swap springs, I'll try to remember to take some pics.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weird terry said:
Yes, I checked it with the spring off. If the bumper is fully compressed and the shock is completely bottomed out, the cap to the air fitting might hit the frame. I'm not worried about it.
Next time I swap springs, I'll try to remember to take some pics.
How much damage could that cause and what size shock is that?
Thanks

·
Full grown man
93 Posts
MX 887 said:
Thats not good. How could he not be worried. :confused:

I pmed ya some questions
Thanks
I'm not worried for a couple of reasons. I don't do big jumps or drops so I'll probably never bottom out the shock plus the shock has an adjustable bottom out level.
When I checked the travel with the spring off, the air cap came close but was not touching the frame when I compressed the shock(and bumper) as much as I could. Like I said before, it might make contact with the frame if the shock and bumper is completely and totally compressed but it also may not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.