Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Any suggestions on taking the remaining parts of the wiper off? A cone wrench doesn't seem to work. Or maybe I should try harder? Worried that there might be a lip inside the lowers that i might damage.

Need to pack tonight, too, for Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use a small dull knife and gently work the remnants out. No lip to worry about,
Great idea! Going back to garage to try it.

To clarify, do you mean that I should try to scrape it off, i.e., cut the pieces of the remaining seal with the dull knife? Much thanks!

·
Turns right, slides left
742 Posts
Great idea! Going back to garage to try it.

To clarify, do you mean that I should try to scrape it off, i.e., cut the pieces of the remaining seal with the dull knife? Much thanks!
Just use the blade to get between the wiper material and the lower to break the adhesion. Once the wiper material starts coming off, it should be easy to remove.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are the MAN, 410sprint!. I did what you said and then I tried using a flat head (with some rubber material on the lower that the shaft of the flat head is leveraging against so I won't mar the lower any more than I already did) and halleluha! I was afraid that there is a lip, but with some confidence the remaining seals popped off! Much thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.