Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Fox RPL on my Mojo SL. I set the rebound where I want it but when I move the PP lever the rebound knob often, but not always turns with it. This results in my rebound setting constantly changing and one click makes enough difference that I can feel it. How can I stop the rebound knob from moving?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
You might have an issue there, just get Hans or someone to send you another and then send that one back. I have never had this happen and have been running the RPL on my Moj for several months.
I love the shock btw, (I have a Ibis specific RP23 also.)
The RPL feels as plush as the 23 but with the benifit of the lockout that I use quite often when climbing. (Front Talas at 100mm locked also.)
It has very forgiving blowoff protection. The only funny thing is in lockout mode the knob kinda floats around (by design.) It took awhile to get used to this but is okay now. I only wish Fox had enough tech knowledge or cared enough (for the small audience) to make a remote for both the Talas and the RPL.
(They contracted Shimano to make their new remotes for the 32 f-rl.)
edit: Isn't there an tiny allen key slot to remove the knob ? Maybe it just needs moving up some.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll look harder at the allens holding the PP lever and rebound knob on. I figured I'd ask on here and call Fox first (they were closed for the holiday since Wed). It's wierd how they didn't make an indent for the lever in the lockout possition. Also, I saw that the RPL isn't even mentioned on their website and mine doesn't have the Low Tune sticker. They must be a small batch product. Has anyone seen them on anything other than a Mojo?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.