Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I run a Swinger 4-way coil on my AM-ish 6 inch travel bike. Shock is solid but I have always felt it lacks in small bump sensitivity even when I run min SPV-pressure.

Today I came across a new 2008 RP23 in the local classifieds and thought it might be a worthy upgrade.

What do you think, will it improve my suspension performance and is the minimum ProPedal setting more "open" than my current SPV setup?

Any input from people with relevant experience is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
/Johan

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Dude, I would skip the RP23 and do this:

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/

They will give you more than what you are looking for! I am looking for a swinger to send to Avalanche to replace a pushed RP23.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input.
I've considered devolving the Swinger as an option. I'm also not sure about Fox air-bounce because of the stuck-down problems (I do a lot of riding in cold weather).

I think I'll pass on the RP23 although the price was tempting.

/Johan

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Modig said:
Thanks for the input.
I've considered devolving the Swinger as an option. I'm also not sure about Fox air-bounce because of the stuck-down problems (I do a lot of riding in cold weather).

I think I'll pass on the RP23 although the price was tempting.

/Johan
I ride regularly in weather that is usually 20-25 degrees Fahrenheit with no problems. Need to speed up rebound alot but that is about it. The RP23 is not bad in these conditions. But as good as a PUSHED Rp23 is, a coil is a coil and an Avalanche modified coil would be even better!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vespasianus said:
Dude, I would skip the RP23 and do this:

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/

They will give you more than what you are looking for! I am looking for a swinger to send to Avalanche to replace a pushed RP23.
OK, I just sent the Swinger off for a shim stack conversion (not to avalanche though :)). Can report back when I get it if anyone's interested.

Cheers
/Johan

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Modig said:
OK, I just sent the Swinger off for a shim stack conversion (not to avalanche though :)). Can report back when I get it if anyone's interested.

Cheers
/Johan
YES!!!!! Keep us posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.