Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a light amount of oil that seems to leak out of the propedal knob /rebound area. I have wiped it off and still seem to come out after a ride... i have had the bike now for only 4-5 months and don't ride only a couple times a week. I just wanted to know if this is normal.

Thanks for all the advice.
It is much appreciated.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
I was going to say if it was relatively new or unridden, then it's generally not a problem, as I've had ones that did that only a small amount to be noticeable when dirt was attracted to it, but soon after went away.

Since it's in warranty, I would recommend speaking to Fox or the bike's manufacturer about a return because if you're still getting some coming out, even after all this time, it might not go away after the ring seats (which it likely did by now). So I would send it in, as much as it would pain you to wait a few weeks. Fox doesn't usually open until after the new year, if I'm not mistaken, so you might want to wait. On the other hand, if you want to do something nice, you can get it custom tuned at Push, although it will be at your expense. I also don't know if Push handles warranty work such as this.

All else fails, take it to your LBS and see what they say. They might even be able to get a shock from the manufacturer to trade off, depending on the model and how good they are.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
fade4844 said:
There is a light amount of oil that seems to leak out of the propedal knob /rebound area. I have wiped it off and still seem to come out after a ride... i have had the bike now for only 4-5 months and don't ride only a couple times a week. I just wanted to know if this is normal.

Thanks for all the advice.
It is much appreciated.
This is not normal and should be looked at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.