Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new RP-3 shock for my Titus Racer-X. The lever can be rotated in any direction for as many turns as one cares to turn it. It always clicks on the minus, middle and plus positions.

Is this of any relevance or will it always control the pro-pedaling setting whenever it has clicked on one of the settings? I still haven't tested it on the dirt, but around my house I couldn't tell much of a difference between the three settings. Will it improve once I'm out on the trail and/or does it need some break in time?

I assume the + position is for maximum pro-pedal control and the - is for full plushness, right? Unfortunately the Fox manual doesn't make any references to these points... :-(

Thanks for clarifying these issues! :confused:

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
"+" is more PP, "-" is less. The lever can spin all the way around. Not sure why it does, but it does not indicate a prob. Different people report different degrees of effect between the PP settings. I find it noticeable.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Unlike the lever of the ol float RC's

Orthie251 said:
I just got a new RP-3 shock for my Titus Racer-X. The lever can be rotated in any direction for as many turns as one cares to turn it. It always clicks on the minus, middle and plus positions.

Is this of any relevance or will it always control the pro-pedaling setting whenever it has clicked on one of the settings? I still haven't tested it on the dirt, but around my house I couldn't tell much of a difference between the three settings. Will it improve once I'm out on the trail and/or does it need some break in time?

I assume the + position is for maximum pro-pedal control and the - is for full plushness, right? Unfortunately the Fox manual doesn't make any references to these points... :-(

Thanks for clarifying these issues! :confused:
where you added or reduced the compression damoing by turning the lever the lever on the rp3 has no other purpose other than the allowing to select the 3 PP settings. I dont know if id be spinning the lever around though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HomegrownMN said:
Fox informed me that the lever rotates around 360 degrees so that it will
not 'break off' in the event of an accident.
They said there will be no problems with spinning it around.
Thank you all! :)

I test rode it today at the Sea Otter Classic. It's great in the climbs but I still don't feel much of a difference in the plushness. However, when on the + setting, there is visually much less suspension bob due to my imperfect pedaling. The shock responds wonderfully and the suspension behaved very well.

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
Rp3

tscheezy said:
"+" is more PP, "-" is less. The lever can spin all the way around. Not sure why it does, but it does not indicate a prob. Different people report different degrees of effect between the PP settings. I find it noticeable.
Just picked up my '05 Kona King Kikapu and was also somewhat disappointed in the Fox manual for the RP3. This is my first full suspension rig, so this most likely will sound TOTALLY newb-ish. I got the + and - part, so the logo or symbol in the middle would be full plush then, correct? Thanks again for all of your input and help. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.