Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Howdy,

I recently posted my new Racer-X up here for viewing... Anyways it's buil;d using primarly parts of my old bike, which include a set of 2004 Fox Float RLC's; these forks been pretty old, I am in the market for new forks and I have the option for either 2006 Fox F100 RLT's or 2006 Rockshox Reba Team's quiet cheaply.

I was just wondering which fork is better suited to the Racer-X 80mm frame, does anyone have experience with both?

Abit about me- I'm abit heavy at 85kg's (187lbs), and race solo endurance, on some pretty technical courses so I'd like the stiffest option. I also prefer a fully active bike, I climb seated, and run my presures pretty high in my current forks, and rear shock (an 06 Flaot R), not to counter bob, I just like a stiffer setup coming off a hardtail. Either the RLT of the Reba's will be painted back, to match my bike, so color dont bother me.

Ohhhh and the forks will be ran at 80mm for the F100RLT's and 85mm for the Reba Teams. :)

Any opinions which works best?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
You will probably here this more than once, but have you considered sending your shock into PUSH Industries? Is it cost prohibitive for your location? It is worth the upgrade and it shoulds like you could benefit from the platform technology.

·
Registered
819 Posts
CulBaire said:
Ohhhh and the forks will be ran at 80mm for the F100RLT's and 85mm for the Reba Teams. :)

Any opinions which works best?
I have a 100RLT and like few other people, can't get more than 80mm travel out of my fork. I don't know if the 80mm has the same problem and if you'll only get 60mm travel out of your 80mm fork. The fork is stiff and does track well though. I'd suggest looking at the Reba if you want full travel from your fork. Let's talk about shocks forum has a number of posts on Reba vs 100RLT now.

·
Let's ride
7,094 Posts
i have both 05s, and the reba is a nice fork. At your weight, a stock fox would suck, until you PUSH it. Actually, just buy it straight from PUSH already done for your weight. With the Reba, you can dial in all the valving with air. The Poplock with the Reba is pure heaven, and if you race, you will use it A LOT.

What i hate about Fox forx is that they all seem to develop the knock. The bushings wear out very quickly and then it feels like your bike has a loose headset.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course- Push Industries always get mentioned- becasue I always forget to say dont mention it :p Unless I am getting the fork directly from Push Industries- it is out of the question, as I live in Australia- sending forks there, and back not to mention Push'es time with the fork, the time with out a fork would be too long.

Having said that I'm pretty sure I could do most of the services Push provide with forks anyways as I am bit of a fork guru and have access to alot of great tools, and even fork knowledge. Having worked alot with Rockshox- and a little on Foxes too makes a big diference.

Someone here mentioned only getting 80mm of travel on their RLT... IS it an 05 or an 06? Alot of people have been complaining about this- I'd suggest checking the oil level in the air camber; I believe the 06's have a larger chamber and dont really suffer from this problem.

I know my Float RLC's had a similar problem, until I droped them to 80mm, which involves changing the fluids- at a recent 12hr I got 72mm of travel, which is what I call good especially since previously I was stuck on about 80mm of 100mm travel. :)

I suppose the real question is what suits the Racer-X more? I know the Reba and the RLT are great forks, and both will suit my riding and borth are the same weight- but I'm left wondering will the Fox RLT match the Flaot R on the rearend more than the Reba?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.