Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are knowledgeable about the Fox pull shock for the Razorback; is this thing easy to service? It just doesn't seem like it's performing as well as it used to, and it's never been serviced. Thought I might give it a shot. Do I need a seal kit just to take it apart to clean, and re-lube? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
go-pirates said:
For those who are knowledgeable about the Fox pull shock for the Razorback; is this thing easy to service? It just doesn't seem like it's performing as well as it used to, and it's never been serviced. Thought I might give it a shot. Do I need a seal kit just to take it apart to clean, and re-lube? Thanks for any help.
I'd personally let Fox handle it. I believe they are only going to service these (custom Float pull shocks) until the end of the year as per their contract w/ K2 so you should probably get it done soon.

TK, care to chime in on this one?

DP

·
Registered
121 Posts
Replacement is the ongoing problem, not regular service

It's not that bad, DP.

Fox is no longer manufacturing the pull-shock that recent Razorbacks were designed around. Their safety stock of new pull-shocks will run out soon - almost certainly by the end of this year. While WWCS/K2 Bike still has a limited quantity of these shocks in service parts inventory, they won't last forever, either.

However, if there isn't any structural damage to the pull-shock specific parts of one of these shocks, Fox should continue to be able to service it well into the future. As I understand it, the basic rebuild parts are common to most of the other Float shocks.

While Fox has a video and .pdf file showing how to perform basic air sleeve maintenance on a Float shock on their website, it does not show or mention any pull-shock specific details. When my Razorback's Fox pull-shock requires service, I'm sending it back to Fox, instead of taking the chance I might screw something up that can't be fixed.

Best Regards,
T.K. Malone
K2 Bike

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I have a Fox Float...

go-pirates said:
on my stumpy. Its similar, and pretty easy to service. The outer sleve just unscrews by hand from the rest of the body, and it just pulls apart. Pop! Clean it all out, Grease it all up wtih synthetic grease, like slick honey, put some float fluid in there (internal shock oil) and pop it back together. It takes a bit of force to get the sleve back on, but you can do it by hand. I've done it a couple times.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I didn't get it Pushed, but Fox is rebuilding it right now (hurry up fellas!). It kinda sucks that I feel like I'm ridin' a dinosaur whose time is running out. It's been a fantastic bike, and I truly believe in the design. Better than most. When the shock blows this time (third time's the charm, huh?) it'll be time to hang her up in the garage and wax poetic. I'll probably be on a 29" hardtail by then. No more shock nonsense for me...

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
I'm wondering if anyone has had their Razorback shock Pushed yet. Too bad the bike was done by the time ProPedal came out. Would be interesting to know how it worked.
I already called out of curiousity. They can't get Pushed. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.