Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cannonball!
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or used the Fox North shore series knee/shin or arm pads? I am curious about these pads for some stunts and light freeride ( no huge hucks), they look like they would be comfy and easy to pedal with, compared to the burly hard shell pads on the market.

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
coiler-d said:
Has anyone seen or used the Fox North shore series knee/shin or arm pads? I am curious about these pads for some stunts and light freeride ( no huge hucks), they look like they would be comfy and easy to pedal with, compared to the burly hard shell pads on the market.
I use the Fox NS knee pads and use em 4 dirtjumping and urban riding. They are comfy and dont move around alot. They have awsome knee protection compared to some other light pads like my Kona ones. I love em so far.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just got done trying on and messing with the north shores and the 911's. after useing both 911>northshore all day. They breathe better, flex better from the knee, are 100x easier to get on and off, just a much more simple, user-friendly design imo. they do cost about $10 more though. my .02c

mntl-

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
Mntl said:
I just got done trying on and messing with the north shores and the 911's. after useing both 911>northshore all day. They breathe better, flex better from the knee, are 100x easier to get on and off, just a much more simple, user-friendly design imo. they do cost about $10 more though. my .02c

mntl-
Dont know if a day is enough to break em in. My NS have broken in nice after 2 months(15-20 rides). They r a bit warm but i like the plastic cup of the knee part. I have way to many problems w/ crashing and banging up knees so the main concern was protection. For DH i use Roach Dh pads. Those things r amazing but a bit tough to pedal. 911's look like they would slip a little but i've never tried em.

·
Registered
122 Posts
the 911's are plastic knee and shin, i ride a bit of everything dirt jumping, light dh, freeride, street, its on a ht so i pedal alot, so flexibility is a big deal. My experience with them is limited to a few rides, but as of yet i have had no probs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.