Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To those with Fox Live Valve on there bikes, have you had the same thing happen inside your Fox Live Valve controller/battery housing ? Could it be from a Leaking Battery or is it actually just from water/moisture somehow managing to get into the housing and am I right or wrong thinking that this is something that I should be worried about and contact Fox/bike shop about?

The Bike is a 2020 switchblade,(EX shop Demo bike) which due to the lockdowns it hasn't actually had much use in the 10m they had it.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
To those with Fox Live Valve on there bikes, have you had the same thing happen inside your Fox Live Valve controller/battery housing ? Could it be from a Leaking Battery or is it actually just from water/moisture somehow managing to get into the housing and am I right or wrong thinking that this is something that I should be worried about and contact Fox/bike shop about?

The Bike is a 2020 switchblade,(EX shop Demo bike) which due to the lockdowns it hasn't actually had much use in the 10m they had it.
this is what happened to a Mach 4 SL I was riding.

btw, what shop has a live valve switchblade demo bike? I’ve been trying to get a demo on one for over 1.5 years

Cameras & optics Machine Metal Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part
Camera accessory Finger Point-and-shoot camera Digital camera Camera lens
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Synthetic rubber

·
Elitest thrill junkie
41,061 Posts
More bike parts that aren't designed to last more than a season or two...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
btw, what shop has a live valve switchblade demo bike? I’ve been trying to get a demo on one for over 1.5 years
ecoastjohn, I could not believe it that a small bikeshop had purchased a top of the line £12395 Pivot as there Pivot demo bike AND I also couldn't believe it when I later foundout during the phonecall to them, they never even bothered to fit a paint protection kit. They had it advertised for £6300 and I ended up getting it for £6000.

As for the Fox Live control box/battery housing, I'd of expected Fox to have designed a far better waterproof/sealed unit considering the cost of the kit. So when the time comes for me to start using the bike I will be putting some DC-4 on there.

Oh,
I noticed you have 2 batteries there, so did you buy a spare or did Fox send you a free replacement after seeing the condition of the original one ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
ecoastjohn, I could not believe it that a small bikeshop had purchased a top of the line £12395 Pivot as there Pivot demo bike AND I also couldn't believe it when I later foundout during the phonecall to them, they never even bothered to fit a paint protection kit. They had it advertised for £6300 and I ended up getting it for £6000.

As for the Fox Live control box/battery housing, I'd of expected Fox to have designed a far better waterproof/sealed unit considering the cost of the kit. So when the time comes for me to start using the bike I will be putting some DC-4 on there.

Oh,
I noticed you have 2 batteries there, so did you buy a spare or did Fox send you a free replacement after seeing the condition of the original one ?
No, My friend was holding up his battery as comparison to mine.

Looks like you bought the demo and the demo was in England, so there goes my chance at a demo :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys, I lost my battery and my charger…. You know where I can buy it? Thank
Fox UK told me For replacement battery it would cost me £440 and replace controller would cost £640. I called them because I wanted to ask something and decided to ask how much for replacement parts for the system when warrnty has run out (2yrs)

·
Registered
2 Posts

The weatherproofing of the controller is a joke; mud, water easily gets in. 2021 Anthem Pro setup

·
Magically Delicious
14,212 Posts
The weatherproofing of the controller is a joke; mud, water easily gets in. 2021 Anthem Pro setup
Your statement has merit, but while the sealing design could be improved, it is easy to mitigate the problem. I would suggest use of Dow Corning DC-4 Silicone Insulating compound around the cover seal and on the contacts. DC-4 is used extensively in aviation and aerospace connections exposed to the elements.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts