Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading alot about people using these on 26" bikes in order to flatten out the ramp up on certain suspension designs using Rp3s and PR23s. i was wondering if anyone had any time with one of these.

Im thinking of possibly getting one for my curtlo in order to get full travel and overcome the ramp up using the 4" ventana rockers & RP23. Thanks for the input...

Attachments

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
I have no experience with the canister but, I ride an El Capitain with an RP3 (4”). I get full travel on most every ride. In fact I have been pretty amazed at how linear the rear end feels. I have bottomed it hard a few times. And the little sag o-ring is always getting pushed all the way off the shock shaft. If you are experiencing heavy ramping up your problem may lie elsewhere.

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PSI as % of your weight?

Endomaniac said:
I have no experience with the canister but, I ride an El Capitain with an RP3 (4"). I get full travel on most every ride. In fact I have been pretty amazed at how linear the rear end feels. I have bottomed it hard a few times. And the little sag o-ring is always getting pushed all the way off the shock shaft. If you are experiencing heavy ramping up your problem may lie elsewhere.
This may be where im not getting full travel. Im running around 150 PSI to my 185-190lbs..

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
I’m about the same weight as you and run 135-140psi.
At 150psi the bike feels racy stiff in the rear to me not much bob but not very smooth either.
At 135-140psi the bike feels a lot smother to me. I can flip the PP lever to full on and manage some fairly bob free standing climbing. I suggest you play with pressures and levers some before investing in the canister. If you do get the big can please report back on your experience, Ill be interested to hear.

·