Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 fox vanilla 125RL and was wondering if anyone has fit a maxxis high roller 2.5 on it.

I was also wondering if a heavier tire causes a (big or small) difference in the rotation of a wheel. Does this affect climbing or going downhill speed/rate?

ps. i know that there are many other factors involved in this, but my more specific example effects of changing my panaracer FR 2.4 to maxxis high rollers 2.5.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
atomic50 said:
I have a 2003 fox vanilla 125RL and was wondering if anyone has fit a maxxis high roller 2.5 on it.

I was also wondering if a heavier tire causes a (big or small) difference in the rotation of a wheel. Does this affect climbing or going downhill speed/rate?

ps. i know that there are many other factors involved in this, but my more specific example effects of changing my panaracer FR 2.4 to maxxis high rollers 2.5.
Yes, the 2.5 Highroller will fit. Yes, a heavier tire with be noticable climbing and in the flats especially if you get the high roller in the 40a or 42a Durometers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thx for the reply

also, im planning to get the 60 duro version so it should be a little easier to climb than the sticker ones.

btw, how well do they climb, is there good traction if it is in the front or rear, just wondering.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
atomic50 said:
thx for the reply

also, im planning to get the 60 duro version so it should be a little easier to climb than the sticker ones.

btw, how well do they climb, is there good traction if it is in the front or rear, just wondering.
Traction is good in most conditions except I found them sketchy in the wet and they pack up in mud. I preferred the Mobster in the front.

I'm currently running the Kenda Blue Grooves and like them much better than the Maxxis tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts