Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
The Dirtpaw is a great glove. The sizing is very accurate and they are very comfortable. Mine have yet to rip and Ive been really rough on em since the day I got em almost a year ago. Id recommend em.

·
fnar fnar brrraaaaap
2,162 Posts
Trouble with fox glove are their design- the palms are generally made up of two or more panels- joined across where you rest your hands on the bars. The stitching of these pieces is a weak point that rips or becomes un -stiched.

I'd never buy a pair of fox gloves again after two in under 6 months failed due to this design fault.

·
Registered
985 Posts
ilostmypassword said:
Trouble with fox glove are their design- the palms are generally made up of two or more panels- joined across where you rest your hands on the bars. The stitching of these pieces is a weak point that rips or becomes un -stiched.

I'd never buy a pair of fox gloves again after two in under 6 months failed due to this design fault.
Thats unfortunate cause I would say the opposite having owned Dakine, 661, TLD, etc. After those I went to fox and am yet to try anything other than.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The DirtPaws for some reason don't callus my hands. Must be the double layer palms. I can usually ride hard DH all day without sore hands. only $20 at the moto shop last year.

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
It sucks. I tore through mine in less than a week. Just putting it on and the seam at the cuff ripped. Put it on two days ago and find three more holes. One crash and its totally tore up. It's comfy, sure, but it doesnt hold up AT ALL. Poor construction. The only gloves Ive every been really satisfied with are Dakine. . . and Dakine is heck of a lot nicer to deal with in terms of possible return/exchange.

·
My other Auto is a .45
67 Posts
I buy my gloves at cycle gear, if you have a problem with the stitching they will let you exchange them. They have a no-hassle return policy that is fantastic!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had Dirt Paws for a few months now. They're super cheap ($) so they work. They really need a snot rag on the thumb. My favorite glove I've ever worn was actually the REI brand "Novara" glove. I beat the hell outta those gloves and not even one stitch pulled out. And they had a snot rag built in!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont know how people can say fox gloves dont hold up. I have had the same pair for 10 years (not my only pair) now and they also serve as my work gloves because they feel so great! I just replaced them with a new fox glove because after 10 years they smelled horrible!

·
Dirt Deviant
3,694 Posts
I have a pair of the Fox Sidewinder gloves and they are SICK!!!! But a little pricey @ $40 retail. I also have a pair of the Fox Digit and they are sweet too. And I sport some AXO Ride full fingers as well. Very tough, but a bit warmer for summer use. If you got the cash, get the sidewinders.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I owned a pair of dirt paws and they worked okay but I would currently recommend the fox digits. they dont wear down as easy and breathe a little better.

G

·
i've had some dirtpaws for about 6 months now, i love them, still look pretty new, breathe well and handled a recent otb trip, plus they look killer

·
Registered
412 Posts
Have a pair of Fox Sidewinders, great gloves, have crashed and bashed them and still holding up, last pair of gloves Kona Cowan lasted about 3 months and fell apart.

·
Dirt Deviant
3,694 Posts
My fav part about the sidewinders is the waffle part on the outside palm area. Really saves your hands in a crash and is so light and plyable you don't even notice it is there.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'll give you guys a tip, head down to your local MX shop. There you can buy the primo MX gloves for about half the price of a primo MTB glove....even though they are the same thing. Plus MX gloves seem to last for ever.

I just bought these ones about a month ago.

$32 CDN after tax, comparable glove in the MTB shop...any where from $50-60.

·
Dirt Deviant
3,694 Posts
I've found the Motocross gloves to be quite a bit thicker and warmer than good MTB gloves. A concern for me seeing as we get several days over the summer that top out near and above 110 degrees F.
Good MTB gloves are usually between 20-40$ usd at my shop.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts