Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Fox Forx 100 on a Santa Cruz Blur with 400 miles on it. Has performed great. After a recent wet and muddy ride the fork has developed an audible "squishing" sound. The performance of the fork has not changed, just this audible squsihing sound most noticable on rebound. I called Fox and they suggested keeping the bike upside down to allow oil to run down to foam rings / seals. This did not correct the problem. Your thoughts / suggestions are greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance, Scott

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine too

My fork does the same thing. I just assumed it was the normal sound. It has done it as long as I have had it. Maybe I'll learn something on this one.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Normal mine does it on rebound, its the oil going thru reb. valves, funny thou most other forks you can't hear the rebound.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
yep, happening with mine too

skywaybuzz said:
Normal mine does it on rebound, its the oil going thru reb. valves, funny thou most other forks you can't hear the rebound.
actually, i like the sound...

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
100R is a totally different technology dude...

KRob said:
My '04 TALAS does it also... but my Float 100R never did, so I can't imagine it's normal.
not even close to 100X... valves work differently in both forxs...

·
Registered
397 Posts
My 100RLC has done it since new. 8 clicks in is about the loudest. I've changed the oil and scuffed up the compresion washers to fix the "FOX KNOCK" , but it still makes the noise on rebound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts