Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have seen a few F100X Forx as disc only (my preference), but retailers sale only the F100Xs with the disc & brake bosses. Were the disc only models a special edition or come as part of a complete bike only?

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Cucucachu said:
Have seen a few F100X Forx as disc only (my preference), but retail sale only the F100Xs with the disc & brake bosses. Were the disc only models a special edition or come as part of a complete bike only?
From what I understand, unless things have changed, it is possible to order a bossless version of the fork.

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about that...

Trevor! said:
From what I understand, unless things have changed, it is possible to order a bossless version of the fork.
The retailers say they're only sold with bosses and disc tabs, yet I lost a bid to a disc only version on Ebay recently.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Cucucachu said:
The retailers say they're only sold with bosses and disc tabs, yet I lost a bid to a disc only version on Ebay recently.
The bossless F100X is an OEM only fork. You most likely would have no warranty if purchasing a bossless one off ebay.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
aka Taprider
997 Posts
you can carefully file the bosses off
don't go deeper than the rest of the leg, best to leave a slightly raised surface and touch it up with paint or a carefully placed decal
considering the torque that v brakes would put on this area of the fork, removing the bosses causes less stress than brakes would

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Ventanarama said:
The bossless F100X is an OEM only fork. You most likely would have no warranty if purchasing a bossless one off ebay.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
Must be different than the F80X situation, as I ordered an '05 F80X for my Stumpy HT and had the choice between boss and no boss versions.... hmpf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.