Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15" Salty and have heard that the knobs on the Talas will hit the down tube of my frame. Is there any solution for this? Do all the Fox forks (R, RL, RLC) have the same problem when combined with a small frame? Thx

·
Not dead yet, just playin
910 Posts
yep

T_Ram said:
I have a 15" Salty and have heard that the knobs on the Talas will hit the down tube of my frame. Is there any solution for this? Do all the Fox forks (R, RL, RLC) have the same problem when combined with a small frame? Thx
I have a 15" FuegoSalty and the rebound adjustment knob on my RLC hits the downtube. Possiblly, an R or RLT might not, but I'm pretty sure they only make a Talas RLC these days..

btw, you've got an ano Salty? I didn't know they offered ano!

op

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ano Salty

ohpossum said:
I have a 15" FuegoSalty and the rebound adjustment knob on my RLC hits the downtube. Possiblly, an R or RLT might not, but I'm pretty sure they only make a Talas RLC these days..
op
Any issues with it hitting the frame or is it no big deal? Are there any solutions? - maybe filing the knob down.

ohpossum said:
btw, you've got an ano Salty? I didn't know they offered ano!
op
I believe it is one of a kind. I bought it from Ventana - when talking to Sherwood he made it sound like this frame was a test run at the ano process. For some reason they didn't continue with it - I absolutely love the look of the frame and it seems to be pretty durable.

BTW - they had several (and still might) 2001/2002 15" bushings only Salty/Fuego frames lying around and were giving screaming deals on them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
T_Ram said:
The RL and RLC hitted the downtube on my frame. There are not any issues. The only proble is a little scratch in that beautiful paint job :mad: :(

Maybe you can use a dremel and take out metal from the knobs :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Not dead yet, just playin
910 Posts
CarlosPR said:
The RL and RLC hitted the downtube on my frame. There are not any issues. The only proble is a little scratch in that beautiful paint job :mad: :(

Maybe you can use a dremel and take out metal from the knobs :eek: :rolleyes:
A nasty crash that spun the bars around made the rebound knob gouged a pretty deep scratch in the powdercoat on the downtube. You can see in the pic on the "Show us your Salts" thread where I put a couple layers of electrical tape over the gouge to possibly buffer any future impact.

Supposedly, 05 Fox forks have a new "lower profile" rebound knob. Unfortunately, a Fox rep emailed me saying that 05 parts are not available for sale yet.

op

1 - 5 of 5 Posts