Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
No known cure
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who will rebuild Fox forks besides PUSH (or Fox?) PUSH just will not return e mails or pickup the phone.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Vader said:
Does anyone know who will rebuild Fox forks besides PUSH (or Fox?) PUSH just will not return e mails or pickup the phone.
I wouldn't send my fork to PUSH just to get a rebuild. You can easily do this yourself in about an hour. However if you're interested in their custom piston, valving and platform mods, they are the only game around. They just moved the whole operation from California to Colorado. I'm sure they are just very busy getting settled and caught up. Did you have any specific questions? Otherwise, order and shipping info is on their website.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Just rebuild it yourself. Get some new Enduro fork seals and download the instructions from their website. The instructions for the F100X are so detailed it is rediculous (and hugely appreciated).

·
No known cure
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Homebrew said:
I wouldn't send my fork to PUSH just to get a rebuild. You can easily do this yourself in about an hour. However if you're interested in their custom piston, valving and platform mods, they are the only game around. They just moved the whole operation from California to Colorado. I'm sure they are just very busy getting settled and caught up. Did you have any specific questions? Otherwise, order and shipping info is on their website.
The TALAS adustment doesn't work. It only turns about a 1/4 inch

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
As far as I know . . . .

most if not all Fox forks are "user-servicable" HOWEVER, and this is the BIG important part, it says in the manual that the TALAS models are NOT "user-servicable" and must be taken to a Fox authorized dealer/repair center . . . or maybe it says you have to send them to Fox, I can't remember . . .

Something about the "air chamber" being pressureized or something?

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
DJBiker said:
most if not all Fox forks are "user-servicable" HOWEVER, and this is the BIG important part, it says in the manual that the TALAS models are NOT "user-servicable" and must be taken to a Fox authorized dealer/repair center . . . or maybe it says you have to send them to Fox, I can't remember . . .

Something about the "air chamber" being pressureized or something?
You can service a TALAS (i.e. replace seals, oil change) fork just don't get in to the TALAS (left side) internals unless you are very skilled.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Vader said:
The TALAS adustment doesn't work. It only turns about a 1/4 inch
Ah! That is an issue. I think PUSH charges an extra thirty something bucks to rebuild the TALAS. They probably won't know if anything is broken until they get in there. I'm sure they will get back with you but it might take some time. If you can't wait, your other option is Fox direct. Although they aren't exactly quick on the turnaround either. Especially since prime riding season is starting.

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
I can't believe the lack of READING skills . . .

So, like, um the guy says he is having problems with his TALAS adjustments not working, and that is why he wants to take apart his fork?

It sure is a good thing peeps b reading this stuff, 'cause if they don, tey be stupid!!!!!!

Dude, did you read the original poster's question??

SURE you can take the right leg apart, but don't take the left leg apart, because that is where the problem is!

OU and you still didn't learn your reading comp - re - hension . . .

·
Registered
210 Posts
DJBiker said:
He didn't go to the University of Oregon. That's the problem. He went to that backwoods Oregon State :) Go Ducks.

But seriously, I have noticed a lot of replies in all threads where they clearly haven't read the original post or those under it.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
DJBiker said:
So, like, um the guy says he is having problems with his TALAS adjustments not working, and that is why he wants to take apart his fork?

It sure is a good thing peeps b reading this stuff, 'cause if they don, tey be stupid!!!!!!

Dude, did you read the original poster's question??

SURE you can take the right leg apart, but don't take the left leg apart, because that is where the problem is!

Good grief, calm down. My bad....

The original post didn't say anything about the TALAS adjustment, just a rebuild and I didn't see the reply below.

Man what nerve I have...

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
Yes, I see that NOW . . .

'cause I was getting busy livin' (the Martha Stewart way)

what I was trying to say was OS, but my comp-re-hension ain't too good, bad case of ADHD you see . . .

What were we talking about anyway?

Cheers,

(helps to read through the ENTIRE thread before responding, helps cut down on giving the same answer as someone else, or suggesting something nonsencical approach to the original poseter's questions) I know because I am guilty of this myslef.

·
No known cure
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone...

PUSH just got back to me right before I was goin' to contact Hippietech suspension services. This is my girlfriends fork and I was interested in getting it custom valved for her since she weighs 100#. BTW, PUSH charges $20 to rebuild the TALAS system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.