Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fox 36 Talas RC2 150mm either 2005 or 2006, brown stanchion.
I have the usual problem of the lower pinch bolts cracking and one side has even broke off now, although the shock seems to work perfectly the Talas also doesn't function. Other than that the stanchions are in very good working order so I would like to replace the lowers and swop the broken Talas for a working Float 160 inner.

Is my list below correct, any gotchas like special tools are parts that are likely to be needed etc?

The lowers, they say they come with "SKF seals" is that the same as the 'wiper seal kit' you can buy separately?
Fox Forx 36 160 QR20 Lowers - Black - Detailed item view - activesport.co.uk 01298 22002 email [email protected]

The float conversion kit pre 2011
Fox Forx 36 150/160 Talas to Float Conversion Kit - Pre 2011 Fork - Detailed item view - activesport.co.uk 01298 22002 email [email protected]

And finally the fluid etc
TFTuned lower Lube kit & suspension oil 10wt 200ml from here
Oils and Grease - TF Tuned Shox

Oil levels are they then correct as number 67 on this list?
Oil Volumes

Many thanks for any info/help :)

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
Looks like you have it pretty much covered. For as much as that will cost, it seems like you might be able to send it off to a suspension service center and come out at the same price.

Won't need much in the way of specialty tools. The proper size socket for your topcaps and lower nuts, and syringe(helpful for injecting bath oil into lowers). Pretty straightforward if you don't need to go into the cartridges.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I thought I had till I looked into servicing the RC2 part, I found out the RC2 bladder is no longer sold by Fox and they don't sell them but Mojo have a few for servicing so if I did want it fully worked on they would have to do it for £487 all in.

I'm now weighing up the pros and cons of moving to a new fork, currently maybe the Marzocchi 55CR Fork Black 2014, I'll start a new thread :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts