Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions as to what may be causing a knocking sound when I pull up on the front end of the bike in the fox fork? It is a pretty good clunk when I pull up. Air / oil problem? Forks are one of the one thing I have yet to mess around with. I saw some threads about other manufactures but nothing specific to fox. This would be an older fox float RLC.

Thanks !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have did some more searching and experimenting and managed to answer my own question.

The knocking was due to high levels of air pressure in the shock, once I lowered it about 20psi it stopped making the knocking.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 09 f29rl, I fixed it by using a heavier damper fluid. With the standard stuff I was having to run a very stiff air spring to prevent bottom out, which in turn was limiting small bump compliance ( I'm 210lbs and tend to ride heavy over the front of my bike )

with the fluid change I was a able to back off the air pressure and open the rebound up a little without the top out clunk occurring.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
if your rebound is set too fast, it will cause what you describe... slow it down a notch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts