Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It does but only OEM on a Fisher and it's only QR. There is a black G2 100mm with 15QR on the Rumblefish I. That could be spaced down to 80mm if you can get someone to pull it off their brand new bike. If you have to have a G2 in black, you are going to likely be waiting until July or August if/when Trek gets rid of any surplus they have.

You could always call Fox though and tell them you want at least 100 Black F29s at 80mm with a 51mm offset and 15QR.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hard to find

I've been looking into this same setup.
You can't use the fork from a Rumblefish or Hifi unless you have a tapered headtube.
You could use the fork from a Superfly SS frameset, but good luck finding the fork seperately.
Fox will sell you a G2 offset black crown and uppers. This does not come with internals or lowers. You could get the lowers of any black Fox fork (15QR?) and set it up.
I would like to have a black Fox Fit G2 with 15QR and a non-tapered steerer, but I don't think I want to spend as much as it would take to put it together.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
20.100 FR said:
hum...

And in not G2, are they more available ?
Black F29? No... Anything that isn't white is OEM. With that said, you aren't going to find what you want of the shelf because it doesn't exist. You are going to have to pay for black and it's not going to be easy to get. I had a black RL (non G2) that was probably a Fisher Ferrous OEM. The only place you are going to get black is an OEM take off and you are going to have to wait until the season ends before they start popping up as closeouts or at ebay stores.

The only other option is to buy a regular F29 in 15QR and separately buy the G2 uppers. Fox will sell you the G2 upper, but not the whole fork. This will cost around an additional $200. You might be able to sell the original uppers to someone or trade with someone wanting a regular offset for their G2. Then your fork is still going to be white.

I've been down this road. I asked Fox if they would just sell me an OEM black and they said sure, if I buy some large quantity of them. Like 50 or 100. Then it still wouldn't be G2 because they have an exclusive deal with Trek.

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
I bought a non-G2 blackF29 15QR FIT F120 new with uncut steerer as a take off from a Sultan. The Sultan customer had to have white so the shop (North of the Border Bikes) made me a killer deal. I have ridden G2's and standard's and can't really say I feel the difference. I suppose my hardware needs are pretty basic, perhaps unsophisticated? I just get on my bikes and peddle :rolleyes: The FIT is a great fork BTW. If I had to have G2 I could buy the G2 top section and still be below retail for a standard F29 FIT with the deal Doug gave me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.