Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drove past a mercedes w/ a bontrager up top sporting a black fox susp fork... RLC i think (just got a quick glance w/o causing an accident)...

i know about the old marzocchi and manitou options in 1", but didn't realize fox had something too (assuming threadless).

can someone clue me in on the details (specific year(s) only)?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I've not heard of fox making 1" forks, but that bonty was likely a Privateer w/ 1 1/8" headset (these were the last year the privateer was made- 98 or 99).

gotdirt said:
drove past a mercedes w/ a bontrager up top sporting a black fox susp fork... RLC i think (just got a quick glance w/o causing an accident)...

i know about the old marzocchi and manitou options in 1", but didn't realize fox had something too (assuming threadless).

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
gotdirt said:

thanks in advance.
what color was the frame? yellow white and red? orange white and blue? or red yellow and green (rasta)? I bet it was one of these color combos. those would be privateers with a 1 1/8th headtube with stock paintjobs of course.

Will

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
logbiter said:
but that bonty was likely a Privateer w/ 1 1/8" headset (these were the last year the privateer was made- 98 or 99).
learn something new every day... didn't realize any bonty's were 1 1/8.

Williwoods said:
what color was the frame? I bet it was one of these color combos. those would be privateers with a 1 1/8th headtube with stock paintjobs of course.
indeed, white, orange blue.

rats, that black fox woulda looked good on my '96. ;)

oh well, kinda like the rigid fork for now anyway.

thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
gotdirt said:

thanks in advance.
I've inquired through Fox and they had no interest in small runs of 1" forks. I would shell out some money for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.