1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ride Fox Forest alot?
what about Concord Hosp.?
I kind new to the area and was looking for a good AM and/or Freeride trail
insight please..I'm in Henniker and I'm willing to drive about 30 mins..40 if it is totaly worth it:thumbsup:

I'm pushing to get in as many rides before the weather turns to crap:idea:

thanks guys

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
they are ok, you can get a gps map from bikerag.com
I wouldnt call it so much freeride as much as xc, lots of logs to climb over,lots of logs to climb over,lots of logs to climb over,lots of logs to climb over,lots of logs to climb over:D

you might like Bear Brook in allenstown better
or for more freeride stuff Lynn woods in Lynn Ma.

we go to Bear brook alot, send me a private email and I'll let you know next time

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
While I would agree that the Hospital trails are not really "freeride" trials they do offer far more of that type of riding than Bear Brook. As far as an overall cooler place to ride, Bear Brook is it. The Hospital Trails have plenty of 2-6' drops in there if you know where to look.
The quarries just across the street also offer some FR type riding if you don't mind climbing to get to it, and again it's more just some drops and rock moves than real FR. There is a route that we do in the hospital trails that gives you about 5-6miles of mostly downhill riding and it takes you by most of the good drops and rock moves. If you don't mind climbing a little you can link the two sides to get probably a 15-20mile ride out of there.
If you want true FR wait until spring, throw your bike on your car and drive up to Highland.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Locotiki said:
While I would agree that the Hospital trails are not really "freeride" trials they do offer far more of that type of riding than Bear Brook. As far as an overall cooler place to ride, Bear Brook is it. The Hospital Trails have plenty of 2-6' drops in there if you know where to look.
The quarries just across the street also offer some FR type riding if you don't mind climbing to get to it, and again it's more just some drops and rock moves than real FR. There is a route that we do in the hospital trails that gives you about 5-6miles of mostly downhill riding and it takes you by most of the good drops and rock moves. If you don't mind climbing a little you can link the two sides to get probably a 15-20mile ride out of there.
If you want true FR wait until spring, throw your bike on your car and drive up to Highland.
If you're not careful there are a couple of 100 foot drops on the quarry side.;) :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Merrimack Dave said:
If you're not careful there are a couple of 100 foot drops on the quarry side.;) :D
Locotiki said:
And the cool part about that is that when you land you get shot! :eekster:
Hmmm..so I'm guessing I'll need 2 sets of body armor for that ride

one for the huckin

and

one for the buckin

I can't belive I used the word "buckin"

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
Actually unless your packing one of these you're not going to need the Kevlar vest.

All joking aside it's a really cool spot. I'm not good with judging heights but it's a huge cliff overlooking the prison guard firing range with the prison in back of that. The turkey vultures really add to the scene. If you can man up to it, I haven't yet, there is a nasty roller that has you staring at that view as you come down it. You have about 4' to stop once you clean it. The good news is that if you don't stop you really won't go off the cliff but just slam into boulder. It's a huge mind F*[email protected]

I'm all excited now. With the weather the way it's been maybe we can pull off a big bike winter tour DE Concord? (I guess the single speeds can make an appearance too, I just suggest big bikes so I can have an excuse for being slow :rolleyes: )

·
customized
3,123 Posts
The hospital and quarry trails are very very cool. Fun all day if you know the area. We'll show you around sometime soon. You will dig this place more than Bear Brook as it is your riding style.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Severum said:
The hospital and quarry trails are very very cool. Fun all day if you know the area. We'll show you around sometime soon. You will dig this place more than Bear Brook as it is your riding style.
I'll second that it's a great place to ride but you'll definately need either Severum or Locotiki to show you around because the trails go everywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.