Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Just Ride !
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use these. I've read alot of good reviews and they look bad ass.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've also had mine for a little over two years, it fits great, the best one out of all the helmets that i've tried in the same price range. I would love to try fox's new helmet, the striker? I think is what its called. looks similar to the flux, but with a few updates. But for now my flux still works fine, so I'll just have to wait it out.

·
Just Ride !
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've also had mine for a little over two years, it fits great, the best one out of all the helmets that i've tried in the same price range. I would love to try fox's new helmet, the striker? I think is what its called. looks similar to the flux, but with a few updates. But for now my flux still works fine, so I'll just have to wait it out.
Yea that striker looks very nice, but I love the looks of all the Flux color scemes those have .w

·
Just Ride !
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that striker looks very nice, but I love the looks of all the Flux color scemes those have .

·
T.W.O.
8,168 Posts
They are nice. I bought one when they first came out similar fit to Giro Xen. Last X'mas Huck'N'Roll had it on sale for $35 no tax free shipping only on one color though( I didn't care) I picked up 2 as a back up. If you want to get one now it I've seen them around 60-70.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
really good helmet. the strap system is awesome and it fits nice. imo one of the best looking helmets on the market. the cons are that they only use two shell sizes and the visor is not angle adjustable. slight gripes but honestly its a stretch to say anything bad about it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Right now, they seem to be holding rifght around $100. After all the good reviews, Ima pick up one today!!

·
Just Ride !
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right now, they seem to be holding rifght around $100. After all the good reviews, Ima pick up one today!!
I would try one on first. I ended up going to my lbs and getting a 75$ Giro Phase (Med size) that fits perfect and also looks cool. Other Giro modles did not fit the same and didn't like the fit, I also tried on other brands in medium and were way to small so I tried on a large and yes it fit OK but looked like a dorky mushroom helmet on my dome. Each helmet is different from what I've learned. In other words DONT impulse buy a helmet online unless you tried one on at a lbs.
I am very pleased and happy with my Giro Phase lid purchase :thumbsup:

·
T.W.O.
8,168 Posts
I would try one on first. I ended up going to my lbs and getting a 75$ Giro Phase (Med size) that fits perfect and also looks cool. Other Giro modles did not fit the same and didn't like the fit, I also tried on other brands in medium and were way to small so I tried on a large and yes it fit OK but looked like a dorky mushroom helmet on my dome. Each helmet is different from what I've learned. In other words DONT impulse buy a helmet online unless you tried one on at a lbs.
I am very pleased and happy with my Giro Phase lid purchase :thumbsup:
Cool:thumbsup: It's true nothing can annoy you than an ill fit apparels.

I'd keep an eye out for some great sales this holiday and pick one up as back up put it in the rotation so no last minutes buy, because it's premium price and never a sales around when you need it:D

·
Just Ride !
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool:thumbsup: It's true nothing can annoy you than an ill fit apparels.

I'd keep an eye out for some great sales this holiday and pick one up as back up put it in the rotation so no last minutes buy, because it's premium price and never a sales around when you need it:D
I will definitely do that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love mine. I just started riding, so this is my first biking helmet. Coming from a motorsports background, I realize how important it is to have a comfortable lid. It fits nice, and I never even realize I'm wearing one while riding.

·
Crash Test Dummy
239 Posts
I'll chime in here as I went helmet shopping yesterday. I read all the reviews but it really does all come down to fit as everyone says. I've had a variety of brands in the past (Garneau, Trek, Bell, Specialized) but the newer designs with more protection for the back of the head are the only ones I will consider anymore. The skate style helmets are too hot for me (I use a pro tec for snowboarding).

I tried on models from POC, Specialized, Bell, Giro and Fox. I couldn't see any advantages of the POC that justified the price premium and none of the Bells fit me. I love the Specialized fit (I currently have a Tactic) but the look is too bulky for me compared to the others. It was down to the Giros (Hex and Xen) and the Fox Flux.

The strap retention systems used by Fox and Giro are different but both felt pretty solid on the head when adjusted properly. The Fox retention system seems to fit a little lower on the back of the head and feels better to me. The Xen is lighter than the Flux by maybe 50 grams or so.

I chose the Flux - better protection for the rear of the head IMO and a little cheaper than the Xen. I also like the looks of the Flux a little more - even the rear spoiler is growing on me!

First ride with the new lid today and it was great. A little heavier maybe than my Specialized Tactic but the cooling is just as good with fewer vents and much lower profile. Solid build, good strap retention system and hardware. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I like my Flux, it caught my eye since it had more coverage in the back over other XC models. Been using for about 12-14months and not one complaint, its had the perfect amount of vents and coverage, will buy another if I ever break it or wear it out.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Had mine also for over 2 years. Great fitting lid and looks great. IMO better looking than the Zen, which looks kinda round and eggie to me.
The striker looks cool too but don't see much difference.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had a flux for a while. My first helmet was a quick buy, i never shopped around and tried on different helmets... Eventually i got tired of the poor fit and mushroom cap look so I took my time trying on all different kinds, and settled on the flux. My flux bit the dust in a wreck recently (crushed the foam inside and cracked the shell), but it did its job so im happy! I replaced it with the new Striker, and its even better... fits better, noticeably lighter on the head, and much better ventilation :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts