Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother recently purchased a fox flux helmet and i have to agree with him, the plastic wing on the back looks a little too aero dynamic.
any way to remove it without fkn up the helmet?
he said he tried but couldnt, i seem to remember thinking i could when i saw one at the store. he's 3000 miles away so i cant look at it.

thanks
-z

·
kneecap
1,639 Posts
I remember when I bought mine I felt the same way, kinda goofy lookin thing.
I don't think you can remove it, it's really built into the helmet.
Good news is that after a while you don't really notice it, & everyone you see on the trail with that helmet, & there's lots, looks the same, ha.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I like the spoiler. Really, if you ride fast enough it is very functional. Just like the kids with crap-box toyota corolla's with huge spoiler's on the back. ;)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Absolutely...once you hit about 90mph the spoiler really helps keep the back tire on the ground. That's why donwhill/freerider guys don't wear helmets like this.

I like the spoiler. Really, if you ride fast enough it is very functional. Just like the kids with crap-box toyota corolla's with huge spoiler's on the back. ;)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the spoiler is doing a good job of keeping his back tire on the ground but its starting to strain his neck. an airplane pillow may help with this.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Last night I found an alternative method to removing the spoiler thingy: crash directly on your head. You may need to repeat several times, unless you're really skillful like me. ;)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm pretty sure the "spoiler" is there if you want to wear goggles. It keeps the strap from sliding around. I tried it works brilliantly:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I took the spoiler off mine when I first got it. Its held on by 3 little pins just like the visor is. Just carefully pull up away from the helmet. You'll be left with 3 little holes though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts