Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if it is possible to reduce the travel on the 130mm and 140mm float forks to 80-90mm by adding some extra spacer?

I know both the 130/140mm can be reduced to 100mm with the provided spacers. Could an additional 20mm spacer be added to get to 80mm?

Also, is it a matter to just rearranging the spacers in the fork, or is the spacer external to the fork prior to the travel change? ie, if I purchase a used 130mm float, is the spacer to reduce to 100mm already inside?

I've got an older frame that really needs an 80mm fork.

thanks-rip

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the same question. I have a 2004 Float 32 100RLC that I installed on a frame intended for an 80mm fork. It is great going downhill, but the front wheel flops a little on climbs. It bothers me a little, but I never paid much attention to it. However, if an inexpensive spacer is available for my fork that would allow me to steepen the head tube angle slightly, I'm all over it! Not to mention, the fork is due for a service and I'll be in there anyway.

I was able to find part #'s for spacers for 32mm forks on Fox's service site, but I couldn't find any info specifying use for Vanilla or Float forks. Google was of no help either.

Anyone know?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts