Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there is oil leaking from the Propedal Adjust/Rebound adjustment levers. If I wipe them dry, the next time I check it, they are oily. Is this normal?

·
I'd rather be riding!
258 Posts
My RP2 has never leaked from there. Does the shock hold pressure? Is your shock mounted upside down with the levers at the low end of the can? I can't imagine oil getting up to the levers on my RP2 that is mounted vertically. Maybe your shock was overfilled with Float fluid from the factory. FOX has been known to overfill them on occasion. They only need to have 2 mls or so of oil to work properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
kmacon said:
My RP2 has never leaked from there. Does the shock hold pressure? Is your shock mounted upside down with the levers at the low end of the can? I can't imagine oil getting up to the levers on my RP2 that is mounted vertically. Maybe your shock was overfilled with Float fluid from the factory. FOX has been known to overfill them on occasion. They only need to have 2 mls or so of oil to work properly.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the shock holds pressure and it's not upside down. I would guess overfilled is the reason. I called the bike shop where I bought the bike 2 weeks ago, they told me to take it in for repair. Hopefully the repair turnaround is not too long.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Orientation is irrelevent. The oil will be coming from within the pressurised damping circuit, and is totally separate from your air spring pressure. Cause will probably be the rebound/propedal adjuster shaft seals failing to hold up to the damping circuit pressure (contaminated with dirt / worn / faulty).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.