Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am rebuilding a Fox Float rp2 after the well known oil leak from the pro pedal leaver. I was planning on measuring the depth of the IFP for correct height inside the cylinder, but on opening the cylinder the IFP was about 3cm below the top of the cylinder. There was almost zero oil left inside, so I suspect the nitrogen gas pushed the piston up without the oil for counter pressure.

I have been googling for about 2 hours and I only seem to be able to find dead links to charts that are no longer there.

Can someone here help me to find a chart for the IFP depth of a 190mm Fox Float RP2 shock?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
12,552 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am rebuilding a Fox Float rp2 after the well known oil leak from the pro pedal leaver. I was planning on measuring the depth of the IFP for correct height inside the cylinder, but on opening the cylinder the IFP was about 3cm below the top of the cylinder. There was almost zero oil left inside, so I suspect the nitrogen gas pushed the piston up without the oil for counter pressure.

I have been googling for about 2 hours and I only seem to be able to find dead links to charts that are no longer there.

Can someone here help me to find a chart for the IFP depth of a 190mm Fox Float RP2 shock?

Thanks in advance!
The PDF files in this kit have all the info you need: Rear Shock Service Kit for Fox Float Shocks (Shockcraft) | Shockcraft
They're a free download.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.