Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title. I picked up an old 2010 Trek Fuel EVO with the non DRCV Fox Float RP2 as a spare hack. The RP2 seems mechanically fine but small bump compliance is awful and it's either blow through the midstroke or have harsh small bump dependant on setup pressure. I'm 210lb kitted up and I've ordered the specific EVOL SV air sleeve (7.5x2) but read here that I need additonal hardware to swap the sleeve over: 2018 EVOL Air Can Upgrade
Not entirely sure what I need to order to facilitate swap over and require a touch of assistance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's all well and good but how do I categorically ascertain what seal head I require? There appear to be two types; short and tall. Might as well convert the IFP fill to schrader while I have it in bits.

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
That's all well and good but how do I categorically ascertain what seal head I require? There appear to be two types; short and tall. Might as well convert the IFP fill to schrader while I have it in bits.
I don't have a good graphic to show you. But on the newer seal-heads the seal-groove is about 5mm higher than the early ones.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks Dougal. I've since ditched the idea of doing anything with the RP2 other than consigning it to the bin with extreme prejudice and picked up a discount McLeod instead. :cool: Itching to receive it given the massive thread on it here. (y) I'll prob eventually replace that with a Mara and use the McLeod as a backup.

Off topic I know but I'm 205lb kitted up (yup I lost some weight )and run a 26" Trek Fuel EX 2010 (normal eyelet version) which looks fairly progressive - Would this be a candidate for a King Can as I'm a fairly aggressive rider? Done some calcs on my HA and came to the conclusion that I need to replace the existing 120mm with a 140mm fork. Are there any older 26" 140mm Manitou that run the ABS+ that are relatively lightweight?

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Tire Crankset

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.