Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking at buying (Fox Float RLC vs Vanilla RL) one of these two forks, but I'm torned between air vs. coil. I have several friends who ride a lot and both have recommended the Vanilla RL vs the Float RLC. I don't know which way to go because I have also heard great things about air forks. I need help in making a decision. Can I get some good feedback from people out there. Price is not an issue as I have already purchased both. I just need to return one. I am 5'10 and weight about 200#. I currently have a stock Manitou Black on a 2004 Stumpy FSR M4.

Help Please....

Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Vanilla

Go with the Vanilla, no worries about fork failure do to air leaks, coil spring has a better feel then air.

BTW I have one Float, two RLT's, and two Vanilla's. The Vanilla's are a smoother moving fork.

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
desmo said:
Go with the Vanilla, no worries about fork failure do to air leaks, coil spring has a better feel then air.

BTW I have one Float, two RLT's, and two Vanilla's. The Vanilla's are a smoother moving fork.
Go with the Vanilla. If you want air, I'll sell you my TALAS and get myself a Vanilla or Pike.
In fact, I'll probably have a TALAS just lying around soon enough since Shiloh doesn't like hers. I think she's too light for it, worked great when I had it on my bike. She'll be getting a Vanilla.

You may also want to look in the suspension forums
http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50
Where this topic is debated daily.

-Dan

·
Registered
670 Posts
My advice is to go w/ the vanilla, but drop the extra $ if you can and get the RLC instead of the RL. I've owned both, and the compression damping is a great feature. Also, make sure that the right size of spring is installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.