Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is any performance difference between fox float RL and the RP3 ? My stumpjumper currently has RL version. I am wondering if I should upgrade to RP3 for lighter weight. I can't find reviews of RP3 on mtbr.

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Go to this

Picard said:
Does anyone know if there is any performance difference between fox float RL and the RP3 ? My stumpjumper currently has RL version. I am wondering if I should upgrade to RP3 for lighter weight. I can't find reviews of RP3 on mtbr.
link that I copied from the product review section of mtbr:
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Rear_Shock/product_124493.shtml

I have the RP3 on my heckler, it is great shock. I have never owned the float RL so I can't compare the 2.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are 3propedal settings on RP3?

I just read the reviews on RP3 on mtbr. Many riders comment that the propedal settings don't have significant effect on plushness. I notice alot of riders weight between 160-200lbs. I weigh at 130lbs. I wonder if this shock is suitable for me. Is this shock made for lighter weight rider or heavier rider? What are those propedal settings for?

·
Alpine Rider (Italy)
292 Posts
Picard said:
I weigh at 130lbs. I wonder if this shock is suitable for me. Is this shock made for lighter weight rider or heavier rider?
imho for medium/heavy riders. at your weight it could have a slow rebound, even on a bike with high ratio leverage.

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Hey Picard

Picard said:
I just read the reviews on RP3 on mtbr. Many riders comment that the propedal settings don't have significant effect on plushness. I notice alot of riders weight between 160-200lbs. I weigh at 130lbs. I wonder if this shock is suitable for me. Is this shock made for lighter weight rider or heavier rider? What are those propedal settings for?
I weigh 153 lbs. I use all 3 settings of the PP but mostly leave it in the middle setting. There is a difference with the settings when riding... I do feel it. Regarding the rebound- there are 9 "clicks" of adjustment so you should be able to find the right rebound setting for your weight. This shock is plush on the dh and yet firm for the climbs. It is the most efficient air shock that I have tried.

The Pro Pedal settings are for different riding terrain. One is for climbing relatively flat terrain and riding pavement(firm setting or positive setting), the other is for varying terrain(small bumps, small drops) less firm than the firm setting and the last setting is the Pro Pedal off(dh, jumps, drops, real rough terrain)super plush. You will need to experiment with these settings to find what works for you on the trails you ride. I hope this helps you. I did not explain the Pro Pedal settings very well but it should give you an idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.