Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm trying to decide how important rear lockout is, and ultimately that will decide my choice in bikes.

I've never had a shock with rear lockout, and I do experience pedal bob with my current ride, and I really notice while climbing.

The AVA has the lockout feature and the R doesn't, but according to Fox's literature, the pro-pedal circuit on the R is suppose to eliminate pedal bob.

Is a rear lockout that important for climbing? I know the AVA is worth about $150 more than the R, but I'm more concerened with the lockout Vs no lockout.

Please help.

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
Ouch! said:
Hello all,

I'm trying to decide how important rear lockout is, and ultimately that will decide my choice in bikes.

I've never had a shock with rear lockout, and I do experience pedal bob with my current ride, and I really notice while climbing.

The AVA has the lockout feature and the R doesn't, but according to Fox's literature, the pro-pedal circuit on the R is suppose to eliminate pedal bob.

Is a rear lockout that important for climbing? I know the AVA is worth about $150 more than the R, but I'm more concerened with the lockout Vs no lockout.

Please help.
I have the RL on my tracer and I like using it when on the road/flats/smooth climbs other wise it bobs too much as in more then without it. Of course it'll bob less when locked out :p

Both shocks can get AVA and propedal from what I understand. I was thinking of getting my RL an AVA sleeve and maybe getting it Pushed but Im not to certain on that yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
An AVA sleeve has more air volume thus will bob a little more than a standard float R. The pro pedal works great, but if you climb a lot of street then the lock out is a nice feature. A lot depends also on bike design as well and the type of rear suspension it uses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.