Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i rode on my bike, it was -14C, snowy. Today i can hear auful sound going out of my shock. Sound like this was before but not so loud, and now i'n thinking what can it be.
Here you can listen this sound, rebound is fully opened, 155 psi in positive chamber.
scary sound
What could it be? I have no chance to visit fox service center cause we really don't have it in my country(

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
That shock sounds like it needs a rebuild. At a minimum, I would take the air canister off and clean everything and put it back together according to the fox directions.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
d.n.s said:
it sounds like this in it's any tuning, with open rebound or closed.
i don't understand what do you mean by air sleeve off, sorry.
air sleeve = air canister: when you serviced the shock and had the air sleeve (canister) off did you cycle the shock and hear the same sound?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know how it could happen. i cleaned my bike once, and released some air from chamber, or sleeve (need to get used to this word too), jumped from 10sm obstacle, and heard some crack sound, thought it was stuck down, but it didn't, so now i think this is an aeration.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
d.n.s said:
do you mean is there the same sound when air chamber is empty? i say yes.
what i meant was did you cycle the shock while in this configuration (air canister removed from the shock) and did it make the same sound? regardless it definitely sounds like a rebuild is in order...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
have no ability to blow N2 in it so will blow usual air
i will do as my russian mtb friends did:
http://forum.velomania.ru/showthread.php?t=42183
you need to register here to see pics anyway
also will put 20-25 ml of 10W fork oil
if you're interested, maybe i will put some pics and report here in english some time later

·
Registered
96 Posts
d.n.s said:
have no ability to blow N2 in it so will blow usual air
i will do as my russian mtb friends did:
http://forum.velomania.ru/showthread.php?t=42183
you need to register here to see pics anyway
also will put 20-25 ml of 10W fork oil
if you're interested, maybe i will put some pics and report here in english some time later
Thank you...

I have difficul to register on this site :mad: But i tried again and again ...

I have trouble here : "Write correctly (no errors!), With a lowercase letter word that sounds like "vilasipet."

I don't understand what i can write :madman:

Thank you :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.