Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Fox Float CTD Kashima rear shock is slowly leaking holding air. I decided to rebuild it with a seal kit but, of course, I am having a problem:madman:

I pulled out the top (apparently called islet) o ring. This is the O ring that sits up high by the lever portion of the shock.

The O ring is significantly larger than the O ring that is supplied in the kit. Has there been a change in this O ring?

The O ring was sitting in a thin crevice just above the threads. The O-ring supplied in the kit is too small to lay flush into this.

To make matters worse, I can't get the old O-ring back in the little area I pulled it out of since it is so narrow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wonder how did you manage to pull it out since it's usually harder than get it back in :p I guess you are talking about oring that seals air chamber against upper shock body - it should be -126 size (0.103 C.S. X 1.362 ID). If you have damaged it while pulling out, you should get new one. For getting it in - do you have something like small flat screwdriver, big sewing needle (don't use sharp side)...??? then just work it around till it sits in.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Fox added a couple different sized eyelet options last year for air volume purposes, and with that came the need for new sized o-rings inside the eyelet. Old Fox Float seal kits only had one sized o-ring for this, but the new seal kits come with a few o-rings for all the different sizes. You must have just gotten an older seal kit.

The good news, however, is that seal doesn't usually cause air loss, since it's tucked behind a bunch of threads, operates statically, and gets mashed tight by the air can. I would probably just re-use it if you haven't damaged it, and make sure to get the proper kit next time. As was stated above, try guiding it in with a clean screwdriver or something.

General tip: This o-ring is fairly hard to dig out. If you have an air-compressor, hook a blow nozzle up to the end and shoot some compressed air in to the eyelet at the o-ring. It should pop right out.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Its a -032 o-ring, just go to a o-ring shop and ask for a BN 70 dash 032 o-ring. The newer Fox air sleeve rebuild kits (white plastic bag) have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts