Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,581 Posts
mzungo said:
Hi Quick Question for the shock guru's ...I have a 190mm fox float R with 44 mm stroke.

Can i open up the shock and obtain the 50mm stroke that i know it has,at home or would this have to be a shop job?

I don't understand - how does a 44mm go to 50mm ?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to a very good source

keen said:
I don't understand - how does a 44mm go to 50mm ?
The 190mm x 44mm is a 190mm x50mm with a biger bottom stop in side:thumbsup:

The UK Distributor will remove it but will charge the same as a service £70.as the shock is new it does not need a service and i would rather keep the money;)

·
carpe mañana
7,309 Posts
mzungo said:
Hi Quick Question for the shock guru's ...I have a 190mm fox float R with 44 mm stroke.

Can i open up the shock and obtain the 50mm stroke that i know it has,at home or would this have to be a shop job?

Possibly, but not certainly. If the bump stop is there by itself, I wouldn't touch it. If it is one of several, you can probably cut through it and pull it off or cut it out. You can't fully take the shock apart, however, as bleeding it and pressurizing the inner nitrogen charge is no easy task and requires special tools/training.

_MK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.