Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
rack admirer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Fox Float that I had had Pushed in 2005. I later swapped it from a Loco Moto to a Racer X when the under a frame replacement event.

I dont have any performance complaints, but I have begun to feel a 'clunk' at the end of the rebound from a dip in the trail type hit. I do not feel it on 'square hits', but the dip in the trail (like a 3 foot crater) produces a slower motion length of travel and I feel the clunk at the return to riding position point.

I cannot reproduce this in the stand. I have experienced worn reducers that I could feel by lifting the bikeby the seat tube. It feels the same on the trail, but I can't pin point it on the stand or in the shop.

I know I should just get it pushed again, but I still like to know what is going on.

Thanks a million for any insight.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
mmmh.... maybe a sticking or broke low speed shim?? The high speed range seems to be fine.

Maybe a nick on the shaft to make an sticky seal, but that would lead to air pressure losses.

Other than that, check your bearings just because.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.