Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
rack admirer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Fox Float that I had had Pushed in 2005. I later swapped it from a Loco Moto to a Racer X when the under a frame replacement event.

I dont have any performance complaints, but I have begun to feel a 'clunk' at the end of the rebound from a dip in the trail type hit. I do not feel it on 'square hits', but the dip in the trail (like a 3 foot crater) produces a slower motion length of travel and I feel the clunk at the return to riding position point.

I cannot reproduce this in the stand. I have experienced worn reducers that I could feel by lifting the bikeby the seat tube. It feels the same on the trail, but I can't pin point it on the stand or in the shop.

I know I should just get it pushed again, but I still like to know what is going on.

Thanks a million for any insight.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
You are most likely hearing/feeling a valve closing when the shock stroke direction changes. It could be normal, or it could be from some air that has gotten into the damper where there should be only oil....or maybe the oil is old and decomposed to a point that it is allowing the valve to 'slam' shut.

Any loss of damping at the top of travel?

You could/should certianly call Push and talk to them to see if the noise is a normal by product of the new parts in your shock....or is something is amiss.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.