Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Addicted 2 building trail
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure this out. When setting up the sag on my Dawg, Fox and Kona call for 1.3" or 33mm. For my weight 170-180lbs they suggest 85 psi.

If I let all the air out I'm lucky to get 1 1/8th sag and if I use the suggested psi I end up with under 1/2" of sag. So, for the last year I've been running 67psi which gives me 5/8ths or 16 mm sag.

What's up?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The fork sag isnt that serious. Most people just play around with it and set the decide on the psi depending on how squishy they want. try some different variations and see what you enjoy most.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Just keep one thing in mind...

ALL manufacturers "remcommended settings" are just that, recommended settings!!! They are starting points for fork or shock set up. If the fork works the way you want it to, doesn't bottom out constantly, and balances well with the rear, don't sweat it. I've had forks and shocks where the "standard" recommended 25% sag worked perfectly and I've had em where I needed more or less sag to get the performance and feel that I wanted out of them. So set it so it works for you. Rock Shox used to have this blerb in all their manuals years ago. "These are recommended settings, your final settings may vary depending on....." And most manufacturers still do put something in the manuals to this affect. So don't let it bug you man! Just ride! :D

Good Dirt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.