Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I have a 2002 Fox Float 100 that I have used and abused. Its on its third set of seals (Enduro now), and is starting to feel like crapola. It basically feels like it has a TON of stiction. If you lean on one side of the handlebars and push down, it gets all notchy, and I can feel it when riding as well. It also tends to make a noise with that notchy feel. Its like a rubbing noise. Anyways, those of you who have had to replace bushings, how can you tell its time? And do you happen to know how much fox charges, and, more importantly, can I get them to leave my seals alone! :)

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Push it....

toad said:
Howdy,
I have a 2002 Fox Float 100 that I have used and abused. Its on its third set of seals (Enduro now), and is starting to feel like crapola. It basically feels like it has a TON of stiction. If you lean on one side of the handlebars and push down, it gets all notchy, and I can feel it when riding as well. It also tends to make a noise with that notchy feel. Its like a rubbing noise. Anyways, those of you who have had to replace bushings, how can you tell its time? And do you happen to know how much fox charges, and, more importantly, can I get them to leave my seals alone! :)
Send it to Push for a basic rebuild and bushing replacement and/or re-sizing. It's not under warranty anway, and the price will likely be similar to what Fox would charge. Darren has a very precise method of sizing the bushings on Fox forks that's far better than stock. Even just pushing down on a fork in the shop, I can tell a noticeable difference between stock forks (which sometimes have more stiction and sometimes have bushing play) and ones that Push has re-sized the bushings on.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.