Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals, so I'm looking at changing out the forks on my 2022 Santa Cruz Bronson from the Rock Shox Lyriks. I found these Fox Factory 36 GRIP2 that I like and they have the same travel and front tire size but the offset is 44mm on the Fox vs 42mm on my current Lyriks. It doesn't look like Fox makes a 42mm offset so I was wondering if these forks will work with my bike? Or if you guys have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

· Registered
6 Posts
  1. On the bike, the 2mm difference in rake is not noticeable.
  2. All brands interchange RS's 42mm and FOX's 44mm in their spec choices. Again, they are essentially identical.
  3. FWIW, PinkBike just did a podcast talking about geometry and they discussed how it is really difficult for most people to even tell the difference between 44mm and 51mm rake.

· Registered
1,901 Posts
^^^What he said. I THINK I can tell a difference between 44 and 51mm offset, but I pretty much know neither I, nor anyone else, can tell a diff of 2mm. It'll be fine. Or they. Or whatever you wanna call it or them.

· Registered
821 Posts
I doubt you'll tell a difference. If the difference was more pronounced like 42 to 51mm and this is a bike you've spent a ton of time on so you know it like the back of your hand you might actually perceive a difference in how the bike rides when you first get on it after the change. But after a ride or two your brain and body adapts and it will feel normal again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.