Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm a Target Too.
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am having an issue with this fork not releasing from lockout. The remote itself is in perfect condition and working as it should. The issue is that the dial on the crown is not returning anti-clockwise when the cable tension is released. If I reach down and manually turn the dial, it works fine.

I've had the dial mechanism apart and messed with the spring tension but haven't been able to improve the situation. Can you guys make some suggestions on what to try next?

Thank you!

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,186 Posts
Hey guys,

I am having an issue with this fork not releasing from lockout. The remote itself is in perfect condition and working as it should. The issue is that the dial on the crown is not returning anti-clockwise when the cable tension is released. If I reach down and manually turn the dial, it works fine.

I've had the dial mechanism apart and messed with the spring tension but haven't been able to improve the situation. Can you guys make some suggestions on what to try next?

Thank you!
There is a known problem with certain years of fox remotes, I think it's 2017 or 2018, it doesn't release and you have to do something like push down on the fork to get it to release all the way. Sound familiar?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Funny I just came to this forum to do a search on the same problem. I'm assuming yours is the push to unlock.

I can do mine by hand as well. It's almost like there is still tension on the cable not allowing it to snap back.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have the same issue. I just had it rebuilt with a custom tune from S4 Suspension. I have to hold the release button while I lighten my hands or lift the bar to get it to release. This was also happening before the rebuild. I could set the remote spring up 1 or 2 holes but then the awful remote would be even harder to operate. Its the worst lever design i've used...i understand this remote is accommodate shifters and such....but a shifter style would be much better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.