Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, while I'm at it. I have had the F80x on my Blur for the last year...and I hate it. It feels like it is ALWAYS locked out, except for on small drops or bigger roots/bigger hits. Any small stuff on the trail though..it's completely rigid. I know I'm getting travel out of it (sometimes) because I can see the dirt lines on the fork. I weigh about 135, so I know I'm not too light for it. I was just about to sell it, and people tell me it's just a setup issue and it should absorb the smaller roots and bumps too. Any advice for how I can fix it? After riding a 13 hour race on it recently, on a very rooty trail, I'm determined to do something about it. TIA.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Have you tried....

I'm assuming you've already followed Fox's setup recommendations without success.

Have you tried asking this question over in the "Let's Talk About Shocks" forum? I did a quick search there on "F80x" and got quite a few hits. There are lots of setup tips and troubleshooting advice over there.

I don't have experience with the F80x fork - I have the Float 100 RLC and love it. Good luck!

Lori

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
You can get your fork rebuilt here:

Push Industries

You can also call them to see if they can set your fork up better for you when they rebuild it. It costs $ but not as much as a new fork....

If you really hate it, I recommend the Talas RLC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.