Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with Fox about whether the new remote lockouts can be used on the recently released 2009 forks and was told "I dont think they will work". They are apparently only compatible with the 26" forks

Does anyone here know if they will work on the F29's? I would think that if the top cap and internals are the same or very similar, it may indeed be compatible.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
the guys at Fox told me that they would not work with the F29, the internals are different (something is a different length). Same reason they say you can't retrofit a terralogic valve from a Fox 26 fork into the 29er fork

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its a 29er Fork god damn it. It should have a lockout.
Or even a decent travel decrease r that is easy to use. Instead of the 3mm increment dial which is only good for adjusting travel to suit your frame geo or prolonged use riding.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just took my F29 out for her maiden voyage and as much as I really enjoyed the ride, I was missing the remote lockout. I had an RST M-29 and I have a Reba both with Remote Lockouts and use them quite a bit. I have a feeling that enough of us will b*tch and moan about not having one that Fox will maybe think it's a good idea to get one on the market for us...At least I HOPE they do....They are, after all, a business and this is a great opportunity to make more money off us! :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the fox forks, but dont understand why they would offer this in 26 only. I agree they should have this option for 29ers as well. The "L" in RLC is Lockout, so I guess there is one on the top cap. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to make a remote lockout for this fork

I just dont understand how they make a 750.00 fork without an option for a remote lockout.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
TiRyder said:
I love the fox forks, but dont understand why they would offer this in 26 only. I agree they should have this option for 29ers as well. The "L" in RLC is Lockout, so I guess there is one on the top cap. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to make a remote lockout for this fork

I just dont understand how they make a 750.00 fork without an option for a remote lockout.
They're only offering the Fox/Shimano 15mm thru-axle on on the 26ers as well.

I don't understand why they'd wanna miss out on a bunch of sale to RS and the new Reba.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Clinterous said:
Its a 29er Fork god damn it. It should have a lockout.
Or even a decent travel decrease r that is easy to use. Instead of the 3mm increment dial which is only good for adjusting travel to suit your frame geo or prolonged use riding.
It does, just not a remote one. ;)

Odd, my F29 does not have travel adjust. What are you referring to, exactly?

I hardly ever use the lockout, even on standing climbs.

·
EXORCIZE
2,242 Posts
Anybody know if the F29 remote is in development or at least planned?

If they had to do one first, I understand why they might pick the 26" - way more customers there (kinda like Giant focusing on the Asian market instead of 29ers - its a business!). But I'd hope they'd do one for the F29 next, especially since its owners are way more likely to be running hardtails and SSs, where its application makes more sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.