Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jacob 34:19
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running this combo? I bought a F29 100mm for another build that didn't end up happening so I've decided to try it on my SIR9. Unfortunately, the crown doesn't clear the downtube. I'm going to try a +4mm race to see if it clears. Previously, I was running it with the Niner fork which I liked. Tried installing a Reba but it didn't clear the DT either so I pulled it.

Just curious if anyone else is running this combo. Does yours clear the DT? If you're running the F29 @ 100mm, how does it handle. How difficult is it to convert the F29 to 80mm?

Thanks!

·
Steel and teeth.
577 Posts
I haven't had a chance to ride this setup as I am still missing a few parts to complete it, but with the lock-out lever all-on OR all-off, it clears the down tube with relative ease. However, if put between these two points (not sure why anyone would do that), it does contact the DT.

I anticipate the handling to be just fine. I don't recall the numbers off the top of my head, but the SIR9 was designed with the REBA 80mm in mind, and I believe the F29 at 100mm has a slightly longer A-to-C (~11mm) than the REBA at 80mm. The plus side is that the F29 has a longer offset which should more than compensate for this slight increase. Please correct me if I am wrong. Conversion to 80mm is reportedly quite easy.

Hope this helps.
--bb

·
Steel and teeth.
577 Posts
It is a custom Ti Seven bar (666mm x 15 deg sweep). This bar is amazing!

Thanks for the compliment, it is such a good looking bike, I wish it were mine. I am building it for a buddy. I think he will be quite stoked when he receives it!

--bb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.