Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 04 F 100 x that I would like to try at 80mm. I have read 2 completely different answers on this question. The 05 manual on Fox's web site shows this can be done, but I have read on this site that it can not. Is there a difference between the 04 and 05 models that allows the 05 to work and not the 04? A quick respone is appreciated since my forks are at Fox now to fix the Terra Logic. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
RM27 said:
I have a 04 F 100 x that I would like to try at 80mm. I have read 2 completely different answers on this question. The 05 manual on Fox's web site shows this can be done, but I have read on this site that it can not. Is there a difference between the 04 and 05 models that allows the 05 to work and not the 04? A quick respone is appreciated since my forks are at Fox now to fix the Terra Logic. Thanks in advance.
Slightly OT, but what's wrong with your Terralogic? Could you please tell me the events leading up to the send in to fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
danK said:
Slightly OT, but what's wrong with your Terralogic? Could you please tell me the events leading up to the send in to fix it? Thanks.
There were no events leading up to it. The lockout just stopped working, it was the same as having a fork that does not have Terra Logic. The fork began to bob on climbs and smooth surfaces where it should have locked out automatically.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
RM27 said:
You can't increase travel in the F80X but you shouldn't have any trouble with reducing the F100X. You should be able to reduce to 80mm with the 20mm spacer under the air piston as shown in the manual.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.